Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

Mother's Day.
 
Such a bittersweet day for me. I love spending time with my baby girl, but I also miss my mom. I feel guilty telling my step-mom and mother-in-law 'Happy Mother's Day" because I feel guilty that I can't say those words to my own mom.
 
I know some people have grand plans on Mother's Day, but it was {mostly} a typical Sunday at our house. Kimber woke up early and we snuggled in bed together. Eventually, we moved the snuggle party to the couch. She drank her milk, while I sipped on my morning coffee and Nick made cinnamon rolls for breakfast.
 
After breakfast, Nick & Kimber gave me a Mother's Day gift - a gift card for two one-hour massages! And she had made this sweet Mother's Day card for me at daycare. Funny how something simple can bring a mama to tears!
 
 
We got ready and headed to church. I tried to get a picture with Kimber after the church service, but she wasn't too excited about getting her picture taken. She was upset that she didn't get to ride home with Papa!

 
We tried again after we got home and we were able to get a sweet picture of me & my baby girl. And my 2 chins! I think I need to give Nick tips on flattering angles for picture taking!

 
We changed and headed over to Nick's parents for our usual Sunday dinner together.
It was a rainy & dreary day...perfect for afternoon naps!
 
 
As much as I would have loved to crawl up on the couch to take a nap, I headed down to Ames with my MIL and SIL pedicures. I haven't had a pedicure since we went to Jamaica, so it was time for one. I opted for the upgrade and had the best 15 minute foot massage. It was nice & relaxing!


While we were gone, Nick hung my MIL's gallery wall. We gave her the frames for Mother's Day LAST YEAR and figured it was time to put them up!! It turned out amazing and now it's time to fill the frames with family pictures.


We finally made it back home around 5pm. Nick made dinner while Kimber & I read books, colored and put together puzzles. After supper, we shared an ice cream cone while snuggling on the couch and watched a movie. 

 
Even though we didn't do anything special on Mother's Day, it was a great day with my family!


No comments:

Post a Comment